top of page

British Columbia

Clara Morin Dal Col to seek the Presidency of MNBC


ree

(July 15, 2023) Clara Morin Dal Col announced today that she will be seeking the Presidency of Métis Nation British Columbia (MNBC) in the 2024 election. In making her announcement, she said, “This current Board has shown total governance incompetence when it comes to fiscal accountability and representing the interests of true Métis people in British Columbia. They claim to be a government but show no evidence of being capable of even the most basic requirements of responsible governance, like providing an annual budget to Métis people to show what they’re spending money on.”


Ms. Morin Dal Col said, “Many Métis citizens have told me how disgusted and disappointed they are with this Board, especially the big salary increase they gave themselves last year and now how they’ve backed themselves into a corner trying to put out the fire with First Nations, and have urged me to run again for President.”


She was first elected as President of MNBC in 2016, and re-elected in 2020 before being wrongly removed as President by this Board because of her steadfast position in protecting the Métis Nation and our Métis culture. She strongly opposed Métis pretenders becoming Métis Citizens, and in particular, Métis Nation of Ontario’s claim of new historical communities. After she was unceremoniously removed from her democratically elected position, the MNBC Board directors quickly moved to support MNO’s position. This issue today has blown up in the faces of MNO and MNBC with an historic resolution being passed at the Assembly of First Nations Annual General Assembly in Halifax this past week strongly critical of both MNO and MNBC actions.


Ms. Morin Dal Col said, “This Board did not like my position of opposing Métis pretenders becoming Métis Citizens, nor did they like my position of opposing MNO’s so-called new historical communities and nor did they like it when I opposed their push for big salary increases in 2020.”


“I can no longer sit back and let this Board destroy our Métis Nation in British Columbia,” said the former President. She said, “During my years as President I was always guided by the principle of making a difference in the lives of Métis people. If a proposed action or initiative didn’t improve the lives of Métis people each and every day, then we shouldn’t do it. I will be guided by that same principle going forward.”


“In the near future I will be announcing members of my team who will be running with me in the next election to represent the interests of true Métis in British Columbia. Together our priority will be to restore good governance to MNBC putting the interests of our Métis people in this province first in all decisions we make.”

-30-


For further information:

Contact Clara Morin Dal Col

Candidate for MNBC President

Email: cmdalcol@gmail.com

 
 
 

Comments


SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Get the latest updates
from Clara

Thanks for submitting!

Red River Métis British Columbia

An Organization for True Métis

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram

© 2025 by Red River Métis British Columbia

bottom of page